Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thoughts.

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2

I'm paying close attention to my thought-life. What I CHOOSE to think about. I'm serious about it. I need to be. Such heartbreak all around. Crazy things going on in our beautiful nation. Politically & morally. BIG problems to worry about and talk about and focus on.  SCARY ISSUES.  FEAR & BLAME are trying their best to settle in and take over. We're a little twitchy and edgy and angry. We have strong opinions. We draw our lines & pick a side.  Our conversations turn heavy, dark & judg-y. Hopeless, almost. TROUBLE is here....accompanied by alarm & anxiety & stress. In the newspaper...on the television..... Everywhere.  It's confusing. Painful. Frustrating. And so so so SAD.

What I want to do is help. I don't want to be a part of the problem. So I pray. I ask for HELP.  For perspective. For healing. For grace. For love. For patience. For HoPe.  Dear Precious Savior. Save US.
We need you. I need you. I want to ThINk on what is TrUE. There is so much more going on then what we SEE and HEAR. God is Listening. He cares. He redeems. He is STILL in control. He is great and loving and compassionate. He is HOLY. He is eternal. He has good plans for us.  I SET my mind on things above..not on earthly things. It works. It's a choice. My thoughts. They make who I am.
They determine my condition. Peaceful. Or. Crazy. ("Cray" as Clancy says;)  When my thoughts TURN to worry....I become a DRAIN. On my people. I suck the life right out of my people. I know this. SO I CHOOSE to think on things eternal.

"BE A FOUNTAIN, NOT A DRAIN."  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment