Sunday, January 6, 2013

Details.

"Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is she who trusts in the Lord." Proverbs 16:20

I heard a sermon this morning. It was great.  AWESOME, actually. About wisdom & folly and how all of the millions of teeny tiny decisions I've made have made MY LIFE.  What I say, what I think, what I eat, what I read, where I go, who I'm with, what I do, how I work, when I rest. These seemingly small and insignificant details actually are a BIG DEAL. HUGE. The difference between a good life & a bad life.  Pretty simple, huh? Wise choices=good life. Foolish choices=bad life.
I don't mean "The Good Life" in the "Having it All Life" way.  I mean it in the "I'm doing the best I can to heed instruction & have a teachable spirit" way.  Carefully. Living a bit carefully. Not super eager to jump in and follow the fun. Careful to discern the exciting voice of "Folly". She sounds fun and fancy and very tempting at times.  Her appearance is alluring. She looks harmless, almost.  BUT, I KNOW BETTER.  I'm very aware of the cost. Sometimes the cost is a ruined life. So I'm careful. I want a good life. I want to be a WISE OLD LADY some day.
So I do my best to stay teachable. To keep my heart soft towards Jesus. To listen. Trust. To heed instruction. Teeny decisions. Paying attention to the details. It's the details that MAkE a LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment