Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Seasons.

"She is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither." Psalm 1:3

I'm comfortable with change. I welcome new seasons. It gives me a chance to refresh and renew and revive my ways. I look forward to Spring after a foggy & cold winter. Fall is a relief following a LONG HOT summer. Change is good and healthy and natural. My life is a flurry of seasons and changes and transformation. After a FULL & JOY-FILLED (yet exhausting;) season of raising kids....who, btw, are quite LOvELY.......we have entered a New & Quiet & TRANQUIL season of REST. Empty nest= REST.  I LOVE REST.  So weird. So surprising.  I never really paid much attention to it. Never really ENJOYED it. I'm geared more towards ACTIVITY.  I'm normally a very BUSY girl. A COLORFUL calendar. LOTS of people & appointments & commitments & parties.  BUT......NOT this season. This season I'm resting. I don't even own a calendar. Seriously.  I have SPACE. Space in my mind and in my heart and in my day. I take my sweet time.  I'm unrushed. Unhurried. Available. Maybe even a bit lazy. I'm OK with it. It's progress, actually.

I know it won't last forever. It's a season. I don't want to waste it. So.... I'm observing. Paying attention. Listening. Soaking in. Abiding. Growing. Drinking deep. Enjoying. Giving thanks. Grateful for the fruit;)

No comments:

Post a Comment