Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Practicing.

I'm not a writer but I'd like to be so I'm being brave and starting.  I've decided 2013 will be the year that I practice writing. (A bit of honesty each day;)  so...here goes.

Just a thought....

"Kind words are like honey--sweet to the soul & healthy for the body." Proverbs 16:24
Some lovely friends & I gather on Wednesdays and read a few proverbs together..share a little from our hearts and then go our separate ways to practice what we read. 'Fear of The Lord. Honey-comb words. Wise heart. Fountain of life. Health to the bones.....' These are instructions from Solomon. The language of wisdom. Who I want (so desperately) to be. I know what it takes to grow...to change... Intention. Discipline. Practice. Time. More love. More grace.  2013. A year of possibility. "Pleasant words that bring healing to the bones." I'd like to get better at kind/pleasant words. Thinking them & feeling them & speaking them & now...writing them;)  They do SO MUCH GOOD. So...I'm committed to practicing.
Starting here;)

11 comments:

  1. Kim....I started doing this a few years ago.....and I love it. It is mostly for me. It is amazing (not amazing in the sense of what anyone might think if they read it but amazing in terms of wonderful insights gained as I write) what flows once you start writing is a joy. Its a wonderful spiritual discipline to add to the list of ways to connect with the Lord! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I don't know you but I like you;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You do know me you silly! Think Oxnard, jammies, coffee, laughing, praying, playing, the Word of God, the ocean, the sky.....you getting it???

      Delete
    4. Oh!! Haha!! It's YOU!! You've never called me "Kim" ...always "Kymmie" so that threw me!! Thank you for the sweet words!! I love & miss you!!

      Delete
  2. Kym! Way to go girl! You are a writer! Believe it, do it! Thanks for sharing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie Girl!! Thank you for cheering for me! I love you!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Yay Kym! I am excited you are doing this, and that you are sharing it with all of us!
    Already such encouraging words! I look forward to reading your heart this year....
    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn!!! This is YOU! You're incognito;) I love you for cheering me on....you're a beautiful friend!!!

      Delete