Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Discipline.

"An undisciplined, self-willed life is puny; an obedient God-willed life is spacious." Proverbs 15:32 Message

The gym has been PACKED this week. I'm not kidding. People EVErYwHERe. I love it.  I love that these folks have an eagerness to CHaNGE. Yay YOU!!!! New Year Resolutions. The dream of being different. The gym resonates with the loud beautiful noise of possibility.  I'm inspired.  Disciplined people and practices inspire me.  Doing hard things. Sticking with it for the long haul. Fiercely determined.  Building new habits. Training vs.Trying.  Training is wildly exciting and equally terrifying. When I train....I have a goal. Something I'm wanting to do that I can't do today by simply TRYING.  So I come up with The PLaN. The PLaN takes forethought and energy & a little creativity. It means I have to rearrange some things in my life. Maybe even write The PLaN down on a calendar or something. Take a look at what needs to GO. Make room for this NEW thing. God helps. Because He knows I'll  need help. We all need help when it comes to change. It's good to know this. Then it's not so terrifying. I'm not alone. I've got what I need to do it. I usually TELL someone so I can't back out. I have some accountability....someone close by to hand me water and cheer me on & REMIND me how GoOD this is for me.

This NEW THING is really an obedience to God thing. It's actually between Him & I.  He likes discipline. He thought it up because He knew my life would be PUNY without it. All of our lives are small & puny & chaotic without discipline.  So we begin again. We get up early and go to the gym. We're off to a good start. Yay US!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment