Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pleasing.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Some friends and I have been having on-going conversations about "People Pleasing."  I know a lot about this subject/ailment/disease/affliction/SIN because I've been SO GOOd at it most of my life.  One friend described it perfectly: "the IRRATIONAL NEED for people to LIKE ME".  That's IT. SO COMPLETELY IRRATIOnAL. Even saying it out loud now sounds CRAZY. WHY in the WORLD do I CARE so much if people like me? I'm not sure if I was born with IT or if I just became addicted to the need to WIN APPROVAL.   Either way....IT'S dangerous & unhealthy. It's SO EXHAUSTING. I know it NOW.  I recognize all the signs NOW.

I've come a Million miles in a Thousand years. I've worked REaLLy HARD at it. MORE THan AnytHINg else...i WANT HEALTHY relationships. I've practiced being OK with disapproval. I've learned to stop trying to manage other people's opinions of me. I've gotten really good at being HoNeSt. I recognize manipulative & toxic relationships and get the heck out of them. I don't spend time with people who are critical & gossip-Y. That right there saves ALOT of TROUbLE. I simply DON'T CARE that much anymore whether you like me or you don't.  I let go of the NEEd to be liked. Approved of. Whatever. Jesus healed me. I care what He thinks. I KNoW He likes me. And that's all I need. 'What anyone else thinks of me is really none of my business'.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. So true sister! All that matters is that Jesus loves you!!!
    I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly Kel!! I love you dear friend!

      Delete