Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy.

"A heart at peace gives life to the body but envy rots the bones." Proverbs 14:30.

I'm a happy girl. I use the word "happy" in the "my heart is at peace" kind of way.  I am content and thankful and aware of all the goodness around me.  I don't know very much but I know THIS for sure: The grass isn't greener on the other side.  I've learned to spend my days watering my own grass.
I don't have a green thumb so this task is PLeNTY for me. I need help, of course, and so I sit with God quietly for a bit each morning to get some instruction & encouragement & LOVE.  Mostly, LOvE.  Because, really...it's His LOvE that keeps my heart happy. It keeps me tending my own yard.....with gratitude and wonder and contentment.  My husband. Wow. Really. How in the world did I ever get so lucky. He is/has been/will ever be the ONLY ONE. A long time ago I stopped COMPARING and started tending & watering & appreciating & loving.  It amazes me every single day how green our grass is.  It's all God though. Truly. His tending. His gardening. I give Him credit.
I have no idea what I'm doing;) I just know that I'm a happy girl. My heart is at peace.


1 comment:

  1. ....you DO have a green thumb in the garden of life Kym!I love this post. I love the analogy of gardening, of God gardening our lives....sitting with God quietly each morning....love this...

    ReplyDelete