Friday, January 4, 2013

Honestly.

"The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their DUPLICITY." Proverbs 11:3

Duplicity. Yikes. Just writing this word scares me a little.  For some reason duplicity comes easy for part of me.  Not that I WANT to be deceitful or PLAN to be dishonest but more because I am in the HABIT of pretending.  I pretend because I am afraid not to. FEAR keeps me on that hampster wheel of  "HAVING IT ALL".  It's extremely EXHAUSTING.  Honestly. Pretending destroys me. It does. It makes my mind crazy & causes anxiety & hurts my relationships.........it needs to STOP.

And it is. It's stopping. I'm getting better. I don't have my act together. And I don't want to TRICK anyone into thinking that I do. I am just a girl who is doing the best she can with what she's got.  I see you the same way. We are all doing the best we can. God knows this about us. He KNOWS.  So it's OKAY. See it. Admit it.  & then....MOVE ON for goodness sake.

I'M ENOUgH. I don't have to PRETEND to be more or less than I already am. Honestly. Phew. What a relief;)




No comments:

Post a Comment