Thursday, January 17, 2013

Plans.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

 I met Jeff in September 1980.  Our first year in college. He a football player. Me a cheerleader. A mutual friend introduced us. Huge CRuSH.  Christian. Dreamy. Smart. Ambitious. Athletic. Sexy. Funny. Super Duper Nice. (not to mention...wranglers & boots...come on;)  CLEARLY he was THE ONE. My HOpe & FUTURE.  He was the boy that I had been telling God about.  I prayed for this guy. He SHOWED UP.  We started making PLANS.  Dated all 4 years of college. (Well...except for a quick & painful 6 month hiatus to date other people...just making SURE;)  August 1984 we married. SO MAGICAL. So IN LOVE. SO YOUNG. Had A WHOLE BUNCH of GROWING UP to do. And we did. We have. We STILL ARE. Together. GROWING UP.

These are God's PLaNS for us: TO GROW UP. Get over Ourselves. Stop manipulating/controlling/fixing.  Trust Him to lead us. LOvE like He does. Forgive a million times a day. Give undivided attention. Speak kind words about and to. Tell the truth. Work hard. Never give up. Get wise counsel. Pick good friends. Have fun together. Enjoy one another. Be a team.
THIS IS our HOPE & FUTURE. THESE were the plans all along. That Jeff & I grow up and learn to love one another well. And we are. We have been practicing for 29 years. I learned his language. He learned mine. Jeff KNOWS what makes me feel loved.  He takes GOOD CARE of me.  He's my favorite person. EvER.
God has GOOD plans for us. Good plans for YOU. Plans to prosper & not harm. To give you a Hope & a Future. It just takes a little time & trust & teamwork;))








No comments:

Post a Comment