Saturday, January 12, 2013

People.

"A woman of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend that sticks closer than a sister." Proverbs 18:24

I love people. Love them. I find people enchanting. They fascinate me. When I was growing up I had big dreams of a life filled with fabulous people. The more the merrier. I saw such potential in everyone. I learned new things.  Made friends easily. I was fearless, really.  Built relationships. Thought it thrilling to meet new people. Jumped in and introduced myself. No reservations. No hesitations. So many interesting folks to get to know. I was inspired by GReAT PEOPLE. Still am. I NEEdED CONNECTION. Still do. God wired me for relationships. He wired us all for relationships. Actually...it's WHY we're HERE.

The thing about relationships is that they take TIME. ENERGY. HONESTY. LOVE.   I can have LOTS of  fabulous PEOPLE in my life (& i do;)  BUT I only have the RESOURCES for a FEW CLOSE HEALTHY RELAtIONsHIPS. BIG difference. It keeps life simple. When I'm clear about who MY MOST PRECIOUS ONES are....I have the TIME & ENERGY & HONeSTY & LOVE it takes to build a life-giving friendship with them. I am present. I listen. Give my undivided attention. They feel cared about. Know they're important to me. I'm not giving myself away to 100 OTHER PEOPLE who aren't MINE.  Mine are the ONES God gave me to give myself to. MY LOVES.  It's uncomplicated & satisfying. It took me a while to figure it out.  I'm a slow learner. (Sheesh.;)










No comments:

Post a Comment