Friday, January 11, 2013

Appearances.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2a

Appearing strong and capable and lovely is important. It is. It matters to all of us. On Facebook. At work. At school. Grocery store. Gym. Bible Study. Restaurants. Parties. Football games. We all look pretty much the same. Strong. Capable. Lovely. Marriage: Happy. Kids: Smart. We put on fancy clothes and smile bleach-y white smiles. Drive clean cars. That's just how it is. We wear our  BEST out in public. A little showy away from home. We are confident & together...alls well.  And some of it is true. A part of how I look is really me. But mostly it's appearance. The top layer. What's out front. The part I want you to see. The part of me I trust you with.  I'm hoping you think I'm kind of amazing. Lets be honest. That's the PATTERN of this world. Sparkly. Bright. Clean. Happy. It's easy to get tricked. To CONFORM. To play the game of "Appearances".

The GOOD NEWS: it's Ok to look our best. Clean. Bright. Sparkly. Happy.  Just so I UNDERSTAND that what I see isn't the whole story. OF COURSE it's not. We all have REAL lives behind the curtain. The US that matters most. This is where GOD is. He's helping us HERE. This is where He does His best work. In the deepest, truest places. Behind the bright & sparkly the world sees. He sees the REAL us.  He sees things completely different than the world does. What's important to the world is not to God. He LOVES the real me. He helps me to be comfortable & accepting & even a fan of me. I BELIEVE what He tells me. About Himself. About us. (He's the CrEaToR of us for goodness sakes.) I LiSTEN to His words. Believing is what RENEWS my mind. Gives me understanding. Insight. Love. I can even see behind the bright & sparkly of you. You're LOvELY. The real you. Just who you are. YOU'RE AWESoME. I hope you see it, too;)

No comments:

Post a Comment