Saturday, January 5, 2013

Celebrate.

"This is the day The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

I run. I'm a runner. I've been doing it for so long now that it is just a part of  who I am. So I call myself a runner. I count it as one of my favorite gifts. God knew I would need to run. I'm pretty sure God WANTS me to run. He gave me the inclination and desire and some awesome shoes;)  For the most part.....I run alone.  Some mornings I don't particularly feel like running but I do it anyway. I do it because of what happens while I'm running. Something magical happens.  God speaks. He does. I hear words of truth and life and hope. My spirit lifts and lightens. I sense a slight shift in my attitude...it is refreshed. Seriously. So many miracles. Who knew?
I'm energized. Body. Mind. Spirit. I celebrate. It's a little party! This morning (while partying;)  Psalm 118:24 popped in my head. Today is THE DAY to celebrate. TODAY. Right now. This day is a gift. Nothing super special about the day...just so very thankful for the possibilities......To love. To forgive. To encourage. To hope. There is such HOPE in this day. So many reasons to run & sing & dance & celebrate! How we need to CELEBRATE!! I need to celebrate! To rejoice. To be glad.

And so......I RUN;)

No comments:

Post a Comment