Sunday, May 31, 2015

the poison of gossip.

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
Here's what I know. Gossip is poison. Most relationship drama that we suffer is because of four stupid habits. We make assumptions. We take things personally. We gossip to gain support. We make excuses to justify behavior. It's a toxic pattern. I'm guilty. Your guilty. We cause our own pain & suffering.  It's so completely ridiculous and juvenile and absurd, yet we do it all the time. We are loving, kind, wise, beautiful women who hurt each other and mostly ourselves with this craziness. We don't mean to. We don't want to. We're always sorry. It's never our intention to harm anyone. And yet, it goes on & on & on.......



The little heart wound that I've been tending to the past few weeks turns out to have been caused by me. There is no one to blame. No one did me wrong. I hurt myself. I followed the long winding rabbit trail back a couple of years to where it started. I had made an assumption. I took it personally. I talked about it to the wrong people. I justified my behavior. I caused the mess. I broke my own heart. I'm sorry. I'm relieved. This clarity & responsibility brings me peace.

What I keep learning is my word creates the events in my life. It's my most powerful tool. I can lie to myself and spread poison with gossipy opinions. Or I can be impeccable with my word and bring life. It's my choice. The energy I give out is the energy that comes back. The journey is real. Practice new habits. Don't take one thing personally. Ask the right person honest questions. Talk it through.
Stop talking about it. Move on. It's a brave & happy way to live. Drama free life. Sweet to the soul. Healing to the bones.

         


No comments:

Post a Comment