Tuesday, June 9, 2015

my love story.

'My lover is mine and I am his.' Song of Songs 2:16

Marrying Jeff Showers is by far the best decision I've ever made.  Almost 31 years into this and he keeps surprising me with his goodness. His loyalty keeps winning my heart. Over & over.

 I had lunch with a friend a couple of weeks ago and she asked me if our marriage was as magical as it seems. I said yes. Absolutely.  For me, yes. I can't answer for Jeff, but he seems so happy. I feel completely adored by him. I don't know everything that is going on in his heart & mind obviously, he might have some wicked secret that I don't know about....BUT I would be SHOCKED. That night at dinner on the patio....with our little salads & wine, I told him about the lunchtime conversation. Immediately he says, "You know how you only see the very top of an iceberg but what you don't see is a million times more massive?  That's how in love with you I am. More than you'll ever know." I mean. That was a great response. The best part is I believe him.

It's not that we have it all figured out or that our life together is perfect. We have normal amounts of tensions & miscommunications & difference of opinions. We get on each other's nerves from time to time. What makes our story magical is we've grown together. I keep talking to him.  He keeps talking to me. We both listen. He knows the little things that make me happy. He pays more attention to me than to anything or anybody else. Yet I never feel smothered. He works so hard. He goes to his office every morning at 6:15.  He is the one who makes all the money. He pays all of our bills. I make ZERO money. Zero. Zilch. Yet, I am free to do as I please. He doesn't make me feel guilty or controlled by any of it. He trusts me. I trust him. It's such a big deal. So rare. We've worked our way to this place. It's a dreamy dream.

Marriage is a crap shoot. I stand by that. However. When a man loves a woman the way that mine loves me, the odds are in your favor. I have more respect and admiration for Jeff than any other human being on the planet. He is true. He is safe. He is a blast. He could write a book on how to keep
your wife falling madly in love with you every single day. It would be a best seller. A true story. Lucky me.❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment