Thursday, May 28, 2015

truth telling.

"Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of the briers the myrtle will grow." Isaiah 55:13

I'm at the bungalow for a couple of days by myself.  It's quiet. It's honest. It's clear. I'm intently looking at a wounded spot in my heart that needs some healing. I'm working hard to get to the bottom of it. It's the only way forward. It's a small part of my story.  Here goes.

I've been a classic co-dependent in most of my relationships my entire life. There's a definite pattern. I care so much about everyone and lean in way hard. Sometimes it goes well and we work through bumps in the road. This brings healing and a way forward. Carry on.

However, sometimes sadly, it crashes and burns to the ground. Destroyed. This completely devastates me. I'm undone. I feel wounded. Taken advantage of. Betrayed. It all becomes a messy mess that no one is brave enough to talk about. It's a cycle. Ugh. That's my general relationship experience in a nut shell. My entire life. All or nothing. I know. How embarrassing.

So here's the thing. I'm absolutely determined to end this little gig. I've made so much progress. But I've got a ways to go. Bear with me. I'm doing lots of practicing and searching & unraveling. Telling the truth to myself. It's kinda painful. Yet,  I've made up my mind. I'm committed. No more co-dependency for me. I'm doing my best. Eyes wide open. Brave to speak the needed words. I have a plan. I think it's solid.

It's 100% on me. My voice. My actions. My word. My responsibility. My thoughts. My intentions. A healthy life-giving relationship with any human is completely&absolutely up to me. With Jeff. With kids. With family. With friends. If I'm healthy, my relationships will be healthy. It's not you. It's me. Done.

This is why I do soul work. This is why I write. I need transformation. It's me that needs the change. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment