Friday, January 17, 2014

Seeker.

'Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.' Matthew 7:7

I meet with an AMAZING group of girls on Wednesday mornings. We are askers & seekers & knockers. We're tired of the lie of  'the good Christian girl'. It's stifling and suffocating and impossible. (frankly, it's bullshit.) We KNOW that the gospel of Christ means more. So much MORE. So. We meet. We pray. We read the bible. We talk to each other. Not the usual 'good Christian girl' talk. But the words that have been hidden deep down for so long. The words that get shut down by bossy believers who WILL NOT LISTEN. We are saying the scary stuff. The GOOD stuff. Our
precious SECRETS. We have BIG WONDERINGS. God's given us a SAFE place to wonder out loud. Together. I LOVE  iT SO dANG MUCH.

Also. I love Jesus SO DANG MUCH.  I adore Him.  He is the LOVER of my SOUL. He is my peace. He is my gentle shepherd. He's led me to a beautiful place. He's given me such rest.  He is lovely to me. He doesn't judge &criticize. He doesn't get nervous and change the subject. He doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Clearly He can handle all of my questions and doubts and fears.  He keeps teaching me and moving me and changing me by His LOVE. He gives me eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart that understands. He makes me Gutsy& Brave. If there's fixing to do in me...he does it. My heart is WIDE open and ready to be fixed.  By Him. People aren't in the fixing business. God is.

 So of course.  I ask & seek & knock.  And then I wait. I listen. &He whispers love & grace.
Love&grace fixes me. Lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment