Monday, February 4, 2013

Fearless.

"God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love & of self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

I'm preparing a talk I'm giving in a couple weeks. At the beginning stages of reading & taking notes. It's about FEAR.  How fear robs us of LIfE. How it keeps us STuCK. How it tricks us into thinking we're not GOOD enough. SMART enough. PRETTY enough.  JUST NOT ENOUGH. Fear is Slick. Sleezy. Subtle. It doesn't play FAIR.  Fear keeps my mind distracted with worry about every POsSIBLE thing that could GO WRONG in my life. Fear disguises itself: It babbles. Is frantic. Comes unglued. Freaks out. Blames. Hides. Makes me insecure. Shallow. Bossy. Restless......Fear keeps me isolated. Small. Bound. Holding my breath.....(and I could go on & on).....I know, huh. It's UGLY. Fear is just ugly. And it WANTS to stay incognito. Unnamed. Hidden.  OR it might lose its GRIP. Hmmmm....

Well...... So. That's IT. If I SEE it...RECOGNIZE it...call it out....FEAR just might lose its GRIP on me. Might have to get the heck OUT of my life.  Okay then.  WHAT EXACTLY am I AFrAID of???  I guess I can begin THERE. A good place to start....& while I'm THERE......I'll take 2 Timothy 1:7 with me....'God has GIVEN ME a spirit of POwER. Of LOvE. Of SELF-Control.'  Ha! Take THaT.   We DON'T HAVE to be FEaRFUL. Like EVeR.  We have a FEARLESS SPIRIT.  God has given us His Spirit. He's FEARLESS.  Fearless is LOVELY. Breathtaking. Gentle. Peaceful. Graceful. BEAUTIFUL. We're beautiful. We're brave. We CAN do hard things. We're FEARLESS BeAUTIES. You & me.

So FEAR. Here's the THING: I'm breaking up with you. For good. And we are NEVER EVEr EVeR getting back together. Like EVER. ;))









2 comments: