Tuesday, March 31, 2015

still growing up.

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephania 3:17
I turned 54 years old this month. Jeff calls march 'the month of kym'. As he should. It was fabulous. In every little way. I adore birthdays.  I like growing older. I super like growing up.  I have collected the most beautiful tribe of people you can imagine. TRULY. I've been celebrating with each one of them every single day since march began. Small sparkly soirees and filled-to-the-brim whimsical parties.  Face to face one on one sweet dates. All a collection of kind words and life-giving encouragements. Dancing and laughter & songs & gifts wrapped up in bows. Yummy food & delicious drinks.  All my favorite things.
I'm fifty-four freakin years old.  It's unbelievable.  I remember when my dad turned fifty and we threw him a surprise party and I thought he was OLD. It was just yesterday. And now.  This.  It doesn't feel like 54. It feels like time stood still and I'm just enjoying & relishing life. Not like I'm OLDER. I feel young and alive and hopeful about the future and people and God and  EVeRYTHING. I'm understanding what true love and deep abiding happiness is. What a life of WONDER looks like. It's opening my eyes& heart & soul every morning knowing I have SO much to learn. That all these magnificent people in my tribe are the ones teaching me.  The glorious books I'm reading keep busting me wide open. The beautiful spirit of truth awakening me to a different rhythm. A new understanding. A way that is bigger and brighter. Less fearful & more inclusive. I'm still growing up. It's surprising at my age that I haven't figured it all out by now. But how much FUN life has become because of it. This journey is brave and glorious. It's mysterious & complex. It's groovy & magical.
I'm saved. I'm delighted in. I'm rejoiced over. This is the house I live in. I'm growing up in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment