Wednesday, September 24, 2014

healing.

'Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."  Matthew 8:7

We're settling in. I'm hanging cute stuff on the walls. Meeting neighbors. Friends stopping by to peek and chat and bring treats. I'm even cooking a bit. It's feeling like home. We're quite happy here. Making memories already. No big parties yet. Mostly a friend or two on the patio with wine & cigars. Or.  On the sofa with a coffee or pellegrino&lime. I feel sometimes like I'm in a movie. We say to each other at least once a day, 'can you believe we get to live here?'  And then we sigh & smile & kiss. (romantic comedy❤️)  This move has been a good one.

Now. Can I tell you about my gray sofa? It's cozy and comfy and super cute. But mostly...it's a place of healing. When a friend stops by we plop down to tell our secrets. Happy&sad&scary&hopeful.....all the things. Kid stuff. Husband stuff. Heart&soul stuff. Listening. Telling. Exchanging words that matter. Rooting for. Loving. Understanding. Raw honesty. To know & be known. Friendship. Doesn't get better. It's life. It's healing.

I'm reading the gospels. What I find mostly is Jesus talking & healing. Talking & healing. Talking & healing. I like that. I'd like to be more like Him. My words to heal. To love. To encourage. I want us all to make it. For real.❤️ (Come over.)


No comments:

Post a Comment