Monday, February 24, 2014

married. (part 2)

"And what does The Lord require of you? To act justly. To love mercy. To walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

I begin with Micah 6:8 because it's my husband's favorite verse. And because it describes who he is to me. The kind of man he is. Why I'm still crazy about him. He knows the secret: Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly....&..also...Be fun. Be funny. Be spontaneous. Be loyal. Be wise. Say nice things. Do nice things. Listen when I talk. Dance with me when I want to dance. Dress cute. Make me laugh. Don't control me. Hold my hand. Kiss my neck. Buy me nice wine. Tell me you love me every single day. Take me to the beach. Take me to dinner & a movie on a Thursday.  Hike mountains with me. Share your secrets. Apologize. Play me your music. Be honest. Read your bible. Happily eat whatever I make. Let me sleep. Be a bad-ass at work...get lots of awards & NEVER whisper a word about it. Walk through the door every day @ 4:00 with a sweet smile on your face & twinkle in your eye that says I'm glad to be home. Seriously. I could go on & on.

 I've been thinking about why I'm so happily married. Trying to write it out & break it down. I've been noticing him. Paying attention to the way he lives. All the small ways about him. It's him. He's exactly who he appears to be. He's the real deal. I like that. I like him. A lot. I can't imagine WaNTiNg to live my life with anyone but him. There's not another man that could possibly love me better than he does. He's a genius at it.

He treats me like he's lucky to be married to me. He pursues me like I'm not yet his. He dates me. After 30 years he's still dating me. Wooing me. Winning me. Choosing me. Preferring me. He looks me in the eye and listens. He says 'thanks for telling me' when I'm mad or conflicted or frustrated. He wants to know.  He wants to understand. He treats me with respect & regard. He keeps growing & changing & evolving. He doesn't get stuck. He's willing to do whatever it takes.
I'm madly in love with him. HE LoVES me Like a bOSS. These are a few of the reasons why Jeff Showers is the best thing that's ever happened to me.


6 comments:

  1. I Love you and am in awe of the nice things you said but I'm still convinced I got the best part of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See. This is why you're my favorite person of all time in the history of ever.❤️❤️❤️ @jeffshowers

      Delete
    2. I know I've been busy lately and have missed a lot of your precious writing (vowing to catch up this weekend with a nice bottle--I mean glass--of wine), but I am so, so, so grateful I happened to login to FB and see this one posted, so glad I pushed the button that took me to this masterpiece. Kym, my beautiful, beautiful friend... you nailed it with this one. This, my dear, is MY. FAVORITE. WRITING. EVER. So eloquent, so heartfelt, so descriptive. What a love letter of love letters to your prince. I stand in awe.

      Precious girl... you rock.

      Delete
    3. Dana!!! YOU are kind & generous & you make me happy!!! Thank You So very much for reading and responding. Your words are LIFE to my writing soul❤️ I love you.

      Delete
  2. I love your honestly. By this I get to know your husband. I see the joy in both of you and now I know why. I am thankful for that. We both have wonderful husbands 36 years for me how they treats us like Jesus said in his word to love us like the church. Love chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris! You lovely soul....thank you for reading and encouraging! We are both lucky lucky girls to have the men we have. Happy 36 to you. Many many more. Love you❤️

      Delete