Monday, October 27, 2014

sister.

'Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you become blameless and pure children of God...in which you shine like stars in the universe.' Philippians 2:14-15

Jeff and I listened to a sermon on our way home from the beach on gratitude. It reminded me of my sister. Gratefulness. She's brilliant at it. She doesn't have a complaint in her body. Not one. She can find the best part of any soul & every circumstance. True story.
When I was eight years old my mom had a baby girl. Our family collectively named her Jacalyn Stephanie McCarthy. We call her Jasi. She was perfect. Still is. She belonged to all of us but I called her mine. She brought hope and light & love to our little world. A fresh new focus. Joy that only a baby can bring. She was much needed. Sweetest gift. My mom was in emotional crisis during pregnancy. Swept away to a mental hospital. Us three littles swept away to grandparents. Dad 
worked to keep our family 
afloat. I have scattered memories of that season. The best 
one of all. Baby sister. Out of every struggle comes something good. She is so good. Bright beauty. Shining star.

She grew up & married her darling high school sweetheart. Forges a gorgeous healthy marriage. Raises four amazing kids. Owns a fun&fabulous hair salon. Creates a happy full-of-love life at the beach. Turns hardships into growth&change. 
She's that one. The one that knows how to live life full on. Love her people well. A hoper, a dreamer, a doer. Interested. Interesting. She's a fairytale. If you know her, you agree. If you don't, you wish you did. She makes life better. She's loyal&true. She's grace. She's mine.
Lucky me. 

3 comments:

  1. You are the lucky one. So sweet. I want to know her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the lucky one for sure. You two will L O V E each other.❤️

      Delete
  2. Love this post Kym. What a sweet tribute.
    Brought tears....

    ReplyDelete